dulcinella's chaos
over linnen, borduurgaren en heel veel kruisjes

woensdag 27 juni 2012

Stitching and next part of the que(e)ste




Last week I got a kit in the mail from Yiotas cross stitch kits . A few weeks back I talked with her (as in mailtalk, not real life talk). I  liked her kits very much and read she was looking for people to review her kits. She told me to choose whichever kit I wanted. Choose, right:-) That is not something I'm good at. I offered to choose a kit on which she would like a review and sent several possibilities, but as she didn't want to influence my review, I had to choose myself.
As you can see I have chosen a Van Gogh painting, the Church of Auvers, a bit less known than some of his other paintings, but one I particularly love. All those colors blue: so beautiful!! I'm really curious to see how this painting will look when stitched. For those of you who ever pass in the North of France, the church is in Auvers, a bit north of Paris. It is a lovely village with a great museum on impressionist art.

So far everything looks very promising: the kit is very well put together, the floss is being wound on the bobbins (great idea, saves a lot of time for chaotic people like me) and as far as I can see without actual stitching, the colors are very well chosen.
I could also choose if I wanted Aida or evenweave, so I choose evenweave. I would have loved to stitch it on 32 count, which was not available, but 28 count is also a good choice. The floss is Madeira and I'm looking forward to work with it as it is the first time.

I haven't started yet, as I've been stitching on secret packages (cross stitch and other stuff) and birthdaycards, but I hope to get started soon. So updates will sure follow.


As I am still not well (good thing I can sit up a bit now and stitch while lying on the sofa:-), I am so behind on blog reading. I promise to catch up soon.
Stitching updates will probably follow this weekend.

As for the que(e)ste: maybe this song will help some of you: Jacques Brel .
For those of you who don't speak french ( most of you, I guess), it has also been recorded in English,for instance Elvis or Sinatra.
The end of this schoolyear is almost there. Sometimes I am quite nostalgic about the days when I teached Latin and helped children to memorize and understand Latin words and names. Very soon we're leaving for the holiday to Italy, altough it doesn't feel like going abroad.Much more than Belgian, I feel European. Also I look particularly forward to all the dolci in Italy.

Enjoy the thinking!
Claire



Vorige week kreeg ik in met de post een pakket van Yiotas cross stitch kits Ik had met haar gemailed omdat ze nog mensen zocht om pakketten te evalueren voor haar. Ik vond dat ze erg mooie pakketten had,, dus wilde ik dat wel graag doen. Moest ik er eentje kiezen , kiezen, ja. Daar ben ik niet goed in:-) Ik had voorgesteld dat zij me zou zeggen over welk van een aantal pakketten ze graag een beoordeling van had, maar dat wilde ze niet doen om me niet te beinvloeden. Dus moest ik wel zelf kiezen.

Jullie heb kunnen zien dat ik een Van Gogh schilderij heb gekozen, de kerk van Auvers. het werk is misschien niet zo bekend als sommige anderen, maar ik vind het een pareltje.Dit kleuren blauw zijn zo mooi.
Ik ben erg benieuwd naar het geborduurde resultaat. Voor diegenen onder jullie die in de buurt van Parijs komen: Auvers-sur-Oise is een dorpje ten noorden van Parijs. Erg gezellig en ze hebben een bijzonder leuk museum over impressionisten.

Het pakket was erg mooi verpakt en er was niets of aan te merken. het garen was al vooraf opgewonden op kaartjes (geweldig idee, bespaart mooi veel tijd voor chaotische mensen als mij) en voor zover ik kan zien zonder het al geborduurd te hebben, zijn de kleuren erg goed gekozen.
Ik kon ook kiezen of ik op Aida of evenweave wou borduren, maar de 32 ct die ik verkies was er niet. Maar 28 count is ook goed voor mij. Het borduurgaren is Madeira. Ik kijk ernaar uit om dit te gebruiken omdat het de eerste keer is. Ik ben er nog niet aan begonnen omdat ik druk bezig was met allerlei geheime dingen (borduren en andere eigen maaksels) en verjaardagskaarten. Vooruitgang aan de Van Gogh zal getoond worden, als hij gemaakt is:-)

Ik ben nog altijd niet goed (maar gelukkig kan ik al een beetje opzitten en borduren terwijl ik op de sofa lig:-). Ik ben dus heel erg achter met blogs te lezen, maar ik beloof zo spoedig mogelijk eens bloglees-marathon te doen.
Borduurvooruitgang zal waarschijnlijk voor dit weekend zijn.


 Wat de que(e)st(e) betreft: misschien helpt dit lied jullie wel: Jacques Brel. Voor diegenen onder jullie die niet zo goed Frans spreken, het is ook in het Engels opgenomen o.a. door Elvis en Sinatra.
Het einde van het schooljaar is ook alweer bijna daar. Heimwee heb ik naar de dagen dat ik kinderen Latijn leerde, en woordjes en namen leerde van buiten leren en afleiden. Binnenkort gaan we ook weer op vakantie, naar Italie, al voelt dat niet echt als het buitenland voor iemand die zich in de eerste plaats Europese voelt. Ik kijk ook erg uit naar de dolci in Italie.

Veel denkplezier!

Claire

10 opmerkingen:

Pauline zei

Wat een mooi pakket!
Moet je dat in een bepaalde tijd maken?
en dan terugsturen, of mag je het helemaal houden?
Succes en ik kijk uit naar je update!

Je raadseltje is mij een en al duisternis....

Sterkte met je gezondheid, ik hoop dat je gauw een beetje opknapt.

SoCal Debbie zei

That's a very nice kit that you chose from Yiota's! Happy Stitching! Have a wonderful vacation.

mab3500 zei

Tag You're IT!
http://mabscraft.blogspot.com/2012/06/tag-im-it-now-you-are-too-p.html

Valma zei

I went to visit Auvers sur Oise when I was young, with school =)
you made a great choice
the design will appear on you fabric just like the real painting..can't wait to see it =)
you taught Latin ? I used to learn it for 7 years !! I don't know if I really enjoyed the lessons, but what I know is that I'm thankful to Latin because I'm better in French thanks to it =)
the queeste =) hehehehe, exciting
I'll send you another mail soon =)
happy stitching and take care, Italy is waiting for you
big hugs
xxx

Johanna Zweden zei

Wat een schitterend pakket, kijk er naar uit hoe het eruit gaat zien
Beterschap, en geniet van elke dag wat je wel kan!
Dikke knuffel Joke en veel maak plezier.

Parsley zei

I love Van Gogh and this looks challenging but so beautiful. I have hit the follow button to see your progress. :)

Also, I have a different giveaway for you to check out if you find time.

The Inspired Stitcher zei

Hi Dulcinella,

Thank you for the comment on my blog. The green fabric was chosen by the retreat organizer. I do believe it is hand dyed. I'd love to email you privately. Could you email me with your address? :)

Hugs!

Carol zei

Lovely kit, beautiful design. Sorry to read you haven't been well hope you are soon much better.
Carol xx

Lorrie zei

I like the kit that you chose. Do hope thou are feeling better soon!

Rita zei

ohh this kit is so lovely!! I will love to see it when stitched it. It not seems to be easy to stitch it! But you will do a great job ;)

Kisses**